Quality Improvement Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Provides support to the Quality Improvement Team on daily tasks and projects, which will give the intern gainful experience in the Hospital Administration and Quality Improvement field.
Essential Intern functions:
The Quality Improvement internship will be tailored to match the intern's skills and help in developing new skills in the hospital administration field. A sampling of job assignments and projects are listed below. The intern may work in all of these areas or just a few.
Patient Satisfaction Surveying
* Transcribing Patient Comments
* Entering Patient Satisfaction scores into Excel database
Functional Outcome Measures
* Entering Functional Independence Measure scores into Excel database
* 30 day , 60 day, and Yearly Follow Up Survey Distribution & Management
Patient Experience Initiatives
* Inventory, Delivery & Management of Patient Graduation T-shirts
* Inventory, Delivery & Management of Inpatient Welcome Gifts
* Inventory, Delivery & Management of Waiting Room Amenities
* Inventory & Management of Waiting Room Activity Cart
Risk Management Initiatives
* Contract Inventory and Tracking
* Cost Comparison Data Collection
* Converting Information to Electronic documents
Support Services Administrative Functions
* Assist in developing invoice tracking database
* Cost Comparison Data Collection
Environment of Safety Compliance
* Compliance Check Scheduling
* Tracking of Recorded Compliance Checks
* Orientation packets for new clinical employees
* Data Tracking of Evaluations of Educational Offerings
* Assistance in coordinating Education Offerings and Conferences.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Essential Intern Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Completed course work in Business field with an emphasis in the healthcare field. Student should be a junior or senior level student at an accredited business college.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proven ability to create graphs, forms and databases and summarize results.
* Internet and web experience.
* Competent language, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability to proof business documents.
* The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes, and respond well to feedback.
* Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Quality Improvement Administrative Assistant & Vice President of Quality Improvement
20 hours per week for a 10-12 week period. Actual hours and duration of internship will be determined at the time of position being awarded.
This is an unpaid intern position. The reward will be the valuable experience gained in the areas of Hospital Administration and Quality Improvement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation.