This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Quality Lead directs work activities for the Quality Inspectors in the inspection of materials, in-process assemblies, and finished products to assure quality standards are met. Compiles data and prepares trend charts for management information regarding product quality.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Directs work activities for the Quality Inspectors in the inspection of materials, in-process assemblies, and finished products to assure quality standards are met.
* Monitors engineer drawings and specifications to insure inspector's ability to verify requirements and to check for conflicting or missing requirements.
* Assures product quality through maintenance of a quality system in accordance with the quality regulations and customer requirements.
* Fosters the professional growth and development of inspectors through personal example and appropriate training.
* Promotes team spirit among Production, Quality Assurance and Engineering through positive feedback relative to product quality and mutually generated corrective action at individual product levels.
* Provides QA product recommendations within the limits of specifications, manuals and company policy.
* Compiles charts, graphs and other data on defects and manufacturing operations for QA department use and for management review.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field.
Years Experience: 3 years or more of relevant experience depending on the complexity level of the job.
* Ability to work on jobs that are complex, or developmental with minimum support.
* Able to plan and direct technical efforts to meet Quality Assurance targets.
* Applies processes and procedures to resolve complex tasks.
* Experience working with a variety of engineering drawings, charts, diagrams, and sketches.
* Skilled at measuring and using test equipment as prescribed by job assignment.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.