Quality Inspector - Multiple Shifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a new employment opportunity for 2015? Our recent expansion has afforded us an opportunity to add a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking QUALITY INSPECTORS looking to shift gears and join the team in our Monroe, GA facility. We have positions on D shift (Monday through Thursday 7:00am - 5:30pm) and F shift (Friday, Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-7:00pm) . You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The primary function of the Quality Inspector is to perform product inspection assignments requiring use of basic instruments and/or techniques to measure quality levels of manufactured or purchased parts, in accordance with established procedures and/or standards. The Inspector will inspect parts, components and end items throughout stages of production in addition to documenting and tracking non-conforming units and corrective/preventative action.
1. Inspects in-process work, finished products and/or purchased materials for conformance to specifications, using basic inspection instruments and/or techniques. Performs 100% inspection for products (appearance, dimension) as necessary.
2. May provide performance test of completed product, set or adjust and operate inspection equipment to ensure its accuracy.
3. Inspects for dimensional accuracy, process and quality operations to assure conformance to customer, engineering and quality requirements.
4. Participates on project teams to prevent or solve manufacturing or quality problems, reduce cycle times, cost increase efficiency, or any other project, as necessary.
5. Prepares and processes inspection acceptance or rejection paperwork, maintains records, files, and related documentation as necessary.
6. Utilize effective communications and problem solving skills to foster an effective team environment which continually strives for safety, quality, organizational, product, productivity, and improvements.
Successful candidates will possess:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred. Three to five years of quality inspection and/or production experience. Hands on individual that has work in fast paced Automotive Environment
2. Ability to utilize inspection equipment such as SPC, calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems and other measuring devices.
3. ISO and QS 9000 environment required.
4. Good communication, cooperation, and organization skills.
5. Ability to input data and develop reports by using MSWord and Excel.
6. Requires ability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment to ensure individual and departmental objectives are accomplished.
7. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color vision.
8. Ability to lift 35 lbs.
9. Ability to read and understand drawings and measure parts.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).