Quality Lab Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Involved in all aspects of product safety and product quality systems to ensure all products placed on the market are fully compliant to customer, regulatory, industry and Ardent Mills requirements. To achieve this assuring quality awareness and a cost competitive and engaged local quality organization.
* Ensure compliance to Quality/Food Safety (Q/FS) regulations/policies accountable to ensure Quality/Food Safety (Q/FS) execution for the location; this includes, training, compliance, and verification/auditing activities. Analyzes and interprets policies, customer standards, and directs implementation of Q/FS policies at the location.
* Bulk Loadout Provides technical assistance in the blending process. Accountable for blend management, schedule management, and continuous improvement
* Support Function - Supports the Quality Manager in their absences, as well as laboratory technicians when needed.
* Customer Focus Maintain Customer audit programs and agreed 3rd party certification. Manage customer documentation, specifications, and ensure active customer support. Build relationships with local customers to uncover opportunities that lead to value creation and strengthen ties between our companies.
Skills & Experience
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* A minimum of two years in QA/QC Management in a food-manufacturing environment
* Knowledge in development and implementation of the following programs:
* Good Manufacturing Practices
* Statistical Process Control
* Pest Control
* Food Microbiology and Chemistry
* FDA and USDA Regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrates effective Communication Skills written and verbal
* Demonstrates effective ability to work with Diverse Groups within and outside reporting relationships
* Basic HAACP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify and control food safety hazards
* Basic Customer Specifications Management: Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet customer specifications; answers questions and solves customer problems
* Basic Scientific Knowledge - Applies scientific knowledge, principles to identify and manage risks
* Basic Knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.