Quality Manager Automotive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQualityManager Automotive
JOB PURPOSE : The QualityManager is responsible for directing the Total QualitySystem and practices of the company, to include planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing quality functions. Responsible for management techniques and practices appropriate with quality practices within the automotive manufacturing industry.
AUTHORITY: All employees have the authority to stop operations/production for the following three reasons: 1) a quality defect, 2) an unsafe act, or 3) a health hazard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the development and implementation of the Company's Total QualitySystem (including environmental issues).
* Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service.
* Translate customer critical to quality characteristics to process critical to quality characteristics.
* Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action (including environmental).
* Assist in data collection methodologies and quantification on financial impact of results.
* Provide technical (quality tool) and statistical expertise to teams.
* Facilitate implementation of process control systems and statistical process control charts
* Provide process improvement know how, methods and conceptual expertise to teams.
* Transfer learning across teams and business.
* Identify application opportunities for the technical/statistical tools of quality/process improvement
* Assist teams in presenting data and conclusions clearly.
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
* Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
* Functions as an internal auditor
* Effectively perform any other duties as assigned or deemed necessary and appropriate.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND EDUCATION
An experienced leader with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the automotive manufacturing field. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus. A well organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor. An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts. A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in systems. Bachelor's Degree (BS) or equivalent; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of AIAG core tools and TS16949 standards.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and outside investors. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Noise level on the work environment is usually quiet.