Quality Manager - Automotive- Metals
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Manager, Quality
Reports to: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: The Quality Manager will be primarily responsible for plant level Quality Management Systems (QMS) which can be defined as a set of policies, processes and procedures required for planning and execution (production / development / service) in the core business area of an organization. QMS integrates the various internal processes within the organization and intends to provide a process approach for project execution. QMS enables the organizations to identify measure, control and improve the various core business processes that will ultimately lead to improved business performance.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND / BASIC QUALIFICATION / WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
* Minimum seven years' experience in Quality.
* Minimum seven years' experience working for a manufacturing supplier preferably automotive.
* Two (2) years related experience in welding and metal fabrication and, supervising or managing employees.
* Preferred but not mandatory - certification of CQA, CMQ/OE, CQT by the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
* Hands on experience and proficient with Warranty analysis, PSO, SPC, PPAP, GD&T, DFSS, DVP&R, TQM, QFD, TPS, Gauges, FMEA, APQP, 8D, problem solving with verification, and Lean Manufacturing principles.
* OEM quality engineering and launch experience to Chrysler, Ford, or GM - Commercial truck experience considered a plus.
* Assemblies experience with multiple components, and working with large BOM (100+).
* Experience establishing systems/processes to ensure traceability of product - FMEA background desired.
* Experience with equipment validation desired.
* Knowledge of welding/stamping and materials a plus.
* Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in SAP.