This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Quality Manager - 1877
Location: Chino, CAType: Perm
DESCRIPTION: Seeking technical manager who will be responsible for executing all components of the company quality system. Tracks all aspects of procurement, internal processes, and customer delivered hardware. Using statics, monitors supplier incoming inspection quality and provides feedback to procurement. Helps manufacturing apply sampling statistics to the incoming inspection process. Reviews internal processes and provides weekly reports on internal quality. Advises on creation of SPC (statistical process control) charts for tracking process stability. Tracks quality of delivered hardware and all customer returns. Participates on creation of all process exception documents (Corrective Action Requests, Deviation Waivers, Non-Conforming Material Reports) and tracks them until they are closed This is a hands on position involved in manipulating data, creating documentation, overseeing calibration, and participating in supplier qualification. The Quality Manager chairs the MRB (Material Review Board) and is responsible for creating, tracking, and closing out all NCMR's (Non-Conforming Material Reports). The overall goal of this job is to reduce all sources of non-conforming material, from procurement through to shipped product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with manufacturing to define incoming inspection requirements
- Participate with engineering in new vendor review and qualification
- Work with procurement and manufacturing in new supplier qualification
- Work with Engineering in creating product documentation from components through shipping assembly
- Chair the Material Review Boards and achieve close out on all Non-Conforming Material Reports.
- Work with manufacturing to implement supplier Corrective Action.
- Oversee all equipment calibration
- Write program quality plans
- Work with engineering to define quality assurance criteria on software
- Hold meetings as required on assigned projects and tasks
- Manages and updates company's ISO 9001:2008 system
- Support good health and safety practices
- Component qualification process
- Establish applicable control charts
- Perform and maintain failure analysis report
- Establish supplier certification program
- Supports other departments as required
- Participate in proposals, review customer statements of work, and support the sales department as needed
- Support procurement and finance departments with supplier issues
- BS in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electrical engineering, or Material Science. MS in statistics or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of five years total experience in manufacturing and quality with at least two years working as a quality engineer. Must have technical experience in at least two of the following areas:
1. Semiconductor processes, test, packaging
2. Optical fabrication and test
3. Mechanical part fabrication and measurement (CMM, etc.)
4. Fiber optic components production
5. PCB fabrication, assembly, test
6. Small precision mechanical part production; stamping, etching, embossing
- Should have a track record of mastering new skills and professional growth in a small to medium company environment.
- Must be experienced using word-processing, presentation, and spreadsheets. Should having programming experience in languages applicable to quality engineering, i.e., Py-Scientific, Minitab, R, etc. Must have hands-on experience with complex measurement, test, and gauging equipment. Must be able to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics. Good speaking and written communication skills mandatory. Must have presentation skills of a level sufficient to conduct meeting and reviews within the company, with outside suppliers, and customer presentations.
There is some potential for some travel, with trips lasting from one to five days each.