Quality Manager 9/3/2016
Aerospace / Defense Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QUALITY MANAGER
EDUCATION: B.S. DEGREE IN A RELATED TECHNICAL FIELD, OR EQUIVALENT
EXPERIENCE/PROFICIENCY: 7+ years of work experience in Quality/systems combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a QualityManager; Strong experience with developing/documenting procedures; Forging and/or metals industry experience preferred; Superior leadership capabilities and; Demonstrated experience initiating and/or sustaining ISO and/or AS (or comparative) certifications
HOURS: 7A.M. - 4P.M.
Develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of forged steel consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. Lead a team of quality Inspection Supervisors and support staff.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines working in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Achieving results working with high performance teams in a fast-paced work environment.
- Problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Average Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a self-directed basis.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality/reliability expectations of finished products appropriate for the organization.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to Departments.
- Serves as the Management Representative for Quality related certification programs.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality standards and on-going quality objectives appropriate for the company.
- Create, document and implement appropriate for the organization inspection criteria and procedures.
- Lead: Management Review process; Internal and external audits and address non-conformities from previous audits; Initiation, follow-up and closing of Corrective Action Requests.
- Interpret quality philosophy to key employees within the Company.
- Provide and oversee inspection activities for product throughout the production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Lead laboratory test functions and applications.
- Oversee established calibration and testing programs.
- Design, develop and implement quality training programs.
- Clean, bright office environment.
- Exposure to a limited amount of noise adjacent to a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to frequently work in the plant as required.
- Travel is nominal.