Quality Manager - Eldridge
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Who We Are
The Strength in Metal
Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. We operate service centers in cities across the United States, Mexico, and Canada, and serve an expanding international customer base. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are currently looking for a seasoned Quality Manager for the Processing Centers of the NW region, working out of our Eldridge, Iowa location.
Job title: Quality Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to link the Quality and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements of customers, suppliers and employees with all aspects of operations. This position is also responsible for the management of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Assurance Programs.
* Responsible for ensuring that processes needed for the Quality Management System are established, implemented and maintained by all employees.
* Implements and manages the Strategic Quality vision of the organization to ensure quality is built in to all processes.
* Ensuring the development and maintaining of Process Controls and Capability analysis for all equipment
* Reports to top management on the performance of all Quality Management Systems and advises on any improvements needed.
* Ensures the promotion and awareness of customer quality requirements throughout the organization.
* Liaises with external parties (customers, suppliers) on matters relating to the Quality Management System as required.
* Monitors Non-Conforming Material (NCM) to ensure proper and timely disposition.
* Manages all aspects of the Non-Conformance-Reporting (NCR) database.
* Develops and maintains continuous improvement initiatives to reduce errors while increasing productivity.
* Coordinates, schedules, and follows-up on external and internal audits, leads internal quality audits.
* Ensures Ryerson remains current with Industry Quality Assurance programs.
* Works closely with the QA Coordinator to conduct root cause analyses.
* Coordinates and reviews all closed Corrective Action Reports (CAR s) to identify to evaluate effectiveness of actions.
* Ensures all staff is trained in ISO policies, procedures, and work instructions as outlined in ISO 9001:2008 Training Matrix.
* Coordinates translation of Mainframe system documents relating to Quality
* As a member of the Management team, develops and maintains continuous improvement and cost saving initiatives.
* Works in compliance with all health, safety, and environmental programs as established by legislative requirements and company policies.
* Makes a positive, proactive contribution to a safe, professional work environment through effective leadership.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
* All other tasks/projects as assigned by Management.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* University degree in Business
* 5 10 years of experience in Quality
* Experience with Statistical Analysis
* Ability to perform First Article Inspections and PPAP(s) as required
* Knowledge in the fabrication, Automotive, Cargo, and Aerospace industries an asset
* Knowledge of company products, policies, and metals
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
* Strong strategic, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Effective negotiation skills
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Experience in continuous improvement initiatives e.g. 5S, 6-sigma, Lean Manufacturing
* Knowledge of ISO policies, procedures and work instructions as outlined by ISO 9001:2008 Training Matrix
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Minitab
* Detail oriented and organized, able to prioritize and work well under pressure
* Highly motivated, proactive, and efficient
* Team oriented, yet works well autonomously
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.