This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for a person to assist the Quality manager in maintaining our quality procedures to TS16949 standards. Automotive experience in a similar role is essential as is possessing strong problem solving techniques and be familiar with 8D and internal auditing. Main duties would include coordinating cross-functional teams focusing on scrap improvements and failure analysis, conducting layered process audits and writing corrective action reports. Education requirements as with the Process Engineer would be having a BS in an Engineering discipline being ideal, but otherdegrees or relevant experience would certainly be considered also.
* Responsible for measurement and improvement of scrap, leading problem solving teams, and supporting automotive customers (PPAP, 8D, etc.).
* Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods.
* Devises and implements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production equipment
* Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, and technical quality plans for proposals
* Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements.
* Provides input on quality to product development teams. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house audits and surveys.
* Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. On quality control activities
* Participates in failure analysis and corrective action investigations
* Represents company by interfacing with customers, assisting with internal and external audits.
* Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production
* Develops and coordinates corrective action procedures and plans
* Communicates and educates Value Stream Team on matters requiring specialized knowledge of quality functions, i.e., Production Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP), and document control
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in other professional associations.
* Serve on cross-functional teams for continuous improvement.
* Generate reports to management on scrap, failure analysis, and cost savings.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineeringpreferred or related discipline
* Experience in ISO/TS16949 quality systems.
* Good interpersonal skills to work with internal and external personnel to identify and resolve problems relating to production and projects.
* Must be self-directed and require minimum supervision and guidance.
* Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of related experience.
* American Society for Quality certification desired.
* Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
* Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
* Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools
* Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects
* Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders and top management.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback and self-development activities.
* Six Sigma and Lean tools experience is desired.
* Experience in maintaining and improving QS9/ISO900 and TSI6949 Systems is desired
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer