This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQuality Manager in Jackson, MS. The individual selected will focus on customer interface for all product issues, quality planning, and system improvement.
JOB DUTIES :
* Direct and oversee all activities of the quality department and staff.
* Responsible for special projects and tracking operational measurables.
* Customer interface on quality issues and corrective actions.
* Responsible for maintaining the QMS in accordance with ISO/TS 16949:2002.
* Active in production meetings and management review.
* Maintain company quality standards; to include auditing and supplier development.
* Work with program management on PAPP submissions.
* Responsible for and active in material review board.
* Training of quality staff
* Follow company policies, company safety policies and practice safe work habits.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment with frequent exposure to manufacturing environment. PHYSICAL COMPONENT(S ): Standing and walking up to 40% of work time. Some travel required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A bachelor's degree and 5years quality experience or 9years quality experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in an automotive manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Proficient in precision measuring tools and gages.
* Excellent knowledge of SPC, G.D. &T., CPI, Quality management systems and TS16949.
* Strong communication skills, interface with internal and external customers.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Good presentation skills, both oral and written.
* Excellent computer skills, to include Microsoft applications and project software.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
* Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills for
* Root cause analysis and comprehensive customer 8D reports to Tier 1 Automotive customers.
* Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills for root cause analysis and comprehensive reports on internal scrap and defects.
_Must pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug screen test and background check.Valid U.S. Passport_
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES:
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Prescription Drug Card
* 401(k) Plan
* Paid Vacation and Holidays
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
* Quality: 5years
* Automotive Manufacturing Environment: 5years