Quality Manager - Hamilton, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview:
Connector Manufacturing Company, or CMC(R) (a Division of Hubbell, Inc.) is a full line manufacturer of aluminum and copper connectors, offering both mechanical and compression designs. Products are marketed to utility companies, original equipment manufacturers and commercial/industrial accounts.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It's this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
Connector Mfg. Co. offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and education opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan. Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, and more.
When you work at Connetor Mfg. Co. (CMC), you can expect an environment wher your espertise can engineer, build and supply the framework tomerge the company's success with our own.
The Quality Manager providesanagement support, product engineering and quality processes development consistent with current ISO requirements.
Duties & Responisbilities:
* When necessary, assists with the resolution of manufacturing problems. Exercise the authority to make disposition on nonconforming product.
* Initiate root cause and corrective action when non-conformances are found internally or at the customer's facility.
* Maintain and update quality related data.
* Correspond with customers and suppliers on quality matters.
* Utilize customer data bases to input root cause, corrective and preventive actions.
* Supervise PPAPs and other customer-initiated inspections and performance tests.
* Investigate internal quality problems, customer complaints and rejects. Assist with establishing positive corrective action.
* Assist with maintaining control plans.
* Review quality system for updates and improvements.
* Review quality reports for accuracy.
* Travel with Sales or other CMC personnel when necessary to establish customer relationships or resolve problems.
* Responsible for maintain SO9000 registration by ensuring management reviews, audits and continuous documentation of processes and work instructions. Including timely management of CAR system.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
* Certified Manager of Quality/Operational Excellence or Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
* Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university and at least 5 years previous Quality Management experience.
* Must be familiar with current ISO requirements and with engineered drawings.
* Strong communicate skills with others orally and in writing. Bilingual a plus (Spanish).
* Advanced mathematical skills are preferred.
* CMOQ/OE or CQE preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.