This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONArmstrong Floor, Inc. (AFI) has a job opportunity for a Quality Manager to be located in Lancaster, PA. Reporting to the AFI Global Quality Director, the Quality Manager will be responsible for managing the quality assurance effort in support of AFI Resilient and having in place the necessary quality systems that will result in product quality levels that meet customer expectations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE QUALITY MANAGER:
* Establishing manufacturing product quality standards based on customer input and expectations
* Identifying product leading indicator metrics based on customer CTQ's and ensures that these measures are monitored and adhered to
* Establishing business format and assuming ownership of semi-annual Quality and Service Review Meetings at Armstrong Flooring North American Resilient plants
* Managing the audit and compliance processes of product families manufactured by Armstrong Flooring North American Resilient using statistical methods to measure results
* Owning the change management process for North American Resilient products and processes
* Participating in the New Product Development (NPD) process by establishing finished product performance requirements, risk assessment and developing capability testing to ensure compliance
* Managing the ISO and Internal Product Quality Audit process for all resilient plants to ensure compliance
* Initiating a number of projects which result in product improvement and improved customer satisfaction
* Coaching and developing Resilient plant quality assurance resources to a higher level of performance with emphasis on customer understanding and satisfaction
* Owning the development and management of the North American Resilient Quality Operating Plan
* Participating in Resilient Value Stream Mapping events to represent quality
* Visiting contractor and distributor customers to solicit information and input regarding product performance measured against customer expectations
* Engaging with Resilient business stakeholders in all aspects of the business that impact complaints and claims
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE QUALITY MANAGER:
* Bachelor's Degree in a Quality Assurance or other related field; or equivalent experience
* Proven SME in Quality Assurance methods in a manufacturing environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Minitab
* Previous experience with advanced data analysis, statistical process control, reporting and presentation
* Experience leading a project or group
* Ability to travel30-35%
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE QUALITY MANAGER:
* Advanced degree in a related field
* ISOauditor certification
* ASQ certification
* Lean/Six Sigma certification
* SME with regard to testing and installation of resilient flooring products