Quality Manager - Lenoir City, TN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Lenoir City, TN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business failure is not an option. So we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity. And it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Quality Manager will be expected to establish, document, communicate, audit and assure compliance (at multiple sites) against the Enclosures Business Quality Management System. By working closely with the Plant Managers, Quality resources, and employees, this position is responsible to pro-actively work toward creating and sustaining work practices that eliminate non-standard product from being shipped while minimizing wastes internally. This position is an ambassador for our Business Unit and will be expected to professionally respond to (and travel to site locations- when required) where customers have voiced their formal concerns in order to quickly resolve the concern, communicate the plans, and be personally involved to assure proper corrective and preventative measures are in place.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establish quality procedures, standards and specifications
* Review customer requirements and make sure they are met
* Make sure that manufacturing or processes meet quality expectations while working to reduce waste and increase efficiency
* Set up and maintain controls, documentation procedures and the auditing to assure success
* Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and publishing periodic performance results against expectations
* Use relevant quality tools to make sure the company is working as effectively as possible to stay ahead of competitors
* Be an effective communicator of expectations, both written and verbally, and have the appropriate balance between listening and directing to derive the best solutions and achieve compliance to expectations
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Travel required, 50% or more
* Excellent communication skills; Oral, Written and Presentation
* Ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as maintain a professional and customer-focused relationship with outside contacts
* Must be results driven
* Ability to travel on business related trips
* Ability to move to various locations within the Company
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
* BS Engineering (Mech, Ind, Chem, Civ ) preferred
* Experience Implementing/Facilitating Lean and 6 Sigma Initiatives
* Experience leading a Quality Management System implementation
* Technical Service support experience
* Understanding of bills of material and facility with parts drawings required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.