This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
This position is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering functions. This position ensures that adequate QA/QE and Technician resources are provided for product development and continuing engineering projects and other activities, as necessary. This position directs the development of quality plans and activities to assure achievement of quality goals and objectives. The QA/QE Manager plans, directs, and conducts projects of major scope and significance to the Company with full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
Job Core Responsibilities
* SME in APQP and PPAP
* Lead process and equipment validation/qualifications.
* Create partnership with R&D in new product development.
* Participate in the development and improvement of the manufacturing processes for existing and new products.
* Review and approve inspection plans and product drawings.
* Work closely with Operations and Engineering to resolve in-house quality issues using established problem solving methodologies (Root Cause Analysis, Mistake-Proofing, etc.), determining root cause and driving corrective/preventive actions.
* Interface with Supplier Quality for quality issues and process improvements for assigned projects.
* Support product transfers from other plants/facilities.
* Review/approve product and process change control documentation and specifications as member of the Engineering Change Control Board.
* Participate in continuous (breakthrough) improvement activity and process re-engineering projects.
* Establish and maintain effective Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering functions in compliance with national and international regulations, standards and Customer requirements.
* Manage the selection and development of people, resources, and budgets necessary to perform the functions of the department.
* Provide leadership to Quality Team on proper gauging techniques and tools best suited for products under build and development phases
* Lead Quality Improvement initiatives both internally and with Customers
* Plan, coordinate, and direct quality programs, initiatives and activities to ensure the quality and reliability of Meggitt products.
* Develop, administer and maintain quality assurance procedures and activities required to ensure that the company's processes and products are in compliance with applicable quality standards, regulatory and Customer requirements.
* Support new product development and continuing engineering projects, assuring project deliverables are met and compliant with relevant regulations and standards.
* Provide support for released products, evaluate product field performance and reliability, and recommend corrective and preventative actions.
* With Human Resources, provide comprehensive Quality System Training to all employees.
* Manage the development and maintenance of the gage calibration system.
Required Education & Experience:
* BS in engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Aerospace).
* 7+ years QA/QE management experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Prefer Lean, Six Sigma and /or ASQ CQE/CQM certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Working knowledge of AS9100, ISO, FAA, DCMA, CAA, JAA requirements and standards.
* Working knowledge and application of quality tools including, but not limited to: FMEA, SPC, Root Cause Analysis, capabilities analysis.
* Proficiency with SAP
* Proficiency with MS operating systems and software.
* Demonstrated ability to write technical documents.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and complex problem solving skills.
* The ability to develop partnerships and influence.
* Ability to work independently and has strong team building skills.
* An understanding of the principles of configuration management and document control.
* Statistical analysis competence.
* Demonstrated project and people management skills.
* Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to work in a team environment and interact effectively with management from other functions.
* Working experience with ASME/ANSI Y14.5M GD&T
* Knowledge of Measurement Systems Analysis theory and tools
* Knowledge of Advanced and Standard Metrology methods, ie. CMM
* Proficiency in drawing/blueprint dimensional and view standard
* MBA is preferred
* 10+ years in a manufacturing environment in a directly related function.
* 5+ years quality management experience in an Aerospace manufacturing environment.
* Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification
* Sit/Stand/Walk 8 hours/day.
* Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift 20 lbs
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.