Quality Manager 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible to promote, develop, and oversee compliance of the company qualitysystem. Responsible to effectively assure compliance of customer requirements by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop/Implement an effective qualitysystem that supports the company-wide quality policy, ISO 9000 and a continuous improvement program.
* Develop/Implement an effective system for controlling product quality using process capability, inspection, auditing and statistical analysis.
* Develop/Implement an effective system for preventing nonconforming product and/or its recurrence using quality planning, material review, corrective action and qualityreporting.
* Supervise/train quality department personnel, production leads and inspector/packers.
* Provide hands on quality support to the manufacturing team.
* Resolve customer concerns, complaints and provide feedback on quality issues.
* Analyze daily and monthly qualityreports and develop tests to improve product quality.
* Delegate department daily activities.
* Support company quality policy and objectives. This includes helping the company meet customer expectations.
* Oversee the day-to-day Quality Department operations within the molding and assembly facility including daily interaction and communication with staff, meeting production requirements, managing and improving operational costs (efficiency, quality and scrap), setting of goals and objectives, tracking and reporting inspection results. Also key contact for customer audits, management of complaints and CAPA.
* Specifically responsible for the activities and operations of theQuality Assurance,QualityEngineering and Document Control Departments. Area of responsibility include:
* Receiving Inspection, In-Process Inspection, Final Inspection and Calibration activities.
* Quality planning, internal audits, customer audits, and coordinating all activities relating to internal and external quality issues. Provide internal and external tracking and reporting of company quality performance.
* Qualityengineering, first article reports, process capability studies, GR including the identification of requirements for improvements.
* Develop and implement quality cost reduction concepts and techniques.
* Manage department resources, including work assignments, training, cross training, personnel issues, hiring decisions, performance appraisals, motivation, efficiency, capacity and accuracy of work.
* Coordinate and interact daily with production and support groups.
* Ensure shift-to-shift communication.
* Provide a safe work environment and resolve any safety issues that arise.
* Maintain departmental expenses.
* Keep manager informed of critical quality/personnel issues.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* Conflict Management
* Fostering Learning
* Information Gathering & Processing
* Interactive Communication
* Relationship Building
* Writing Skills
* Attention to detail
* Concern for Safety
* Proactive and self-motivated
* Strong time management with priority setting skills
* Client focused
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Complete and dynamic knowledge of qualitysystems and system implementation.
* Demonstrated ability of metrology and basic inspection tools and workmanship standards.
* Ability to develop/conduct quality related training programs.
* Effectively communicate both verbally and written.
* Good organizational skills.
* Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
* Understanding and use of metrology equipment.
* Ability to read drawings and good understanding of geometric tolerancing.
* Knowledge of processing engineering polymers.
* Exceptional supervisory skills which include ability to prioritize, lead, direct, train, and motivate staff.
* Ability to influence peers.
* Good knowledge of ISO 9000 standards. Knowledge of automotive or medical standards a plus.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Six Sigma and Lean knowledge a plus.
* 5.13 Good analytical, problem-solving and math skills.
* 5.14 Understanding and use of sampling plans, GR&R, statistical techniques and SPC.
* 5.15 Ability to use personal computer and Windows-based software (Outlook, Word and Excel preferred). Use of PC-DMIS metrology software, IQMS manufacturing software and Minitab a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree desirable, four-year college degree (preferably in a science field) or equivalent combined college/work experience.
* At least 5 years of supervisory quality or manufacturing experience in the plastics industry (or equivalent industry).
* Must have Plastic Injection Molding
* Must know ISO13485
* General Safety.
* Light to moderate physical effort required.
* Regularly required to sit, walk or stand.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
* Safety Glasses must be worn when going in to production areas.
Work performed in an office and Manufacturing environment.
Occasional travel may be required.
Direct Hire Opportunity, Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical, Life insurance, Long and Short-term insurance, 3 weeks PTO.