This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQUALITY MANAGER FOR PASADENA BASED LABORATORY.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE:
* Quality control
* Laboratory operations
* Accreditations and customer audits
* Maintenance and compliance of quality system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serve as site representative for plant accreditations and customer audits
* Responsible for all laboratory development and accreditation, including maintenance, calibration and compliance
* Lead and/or facilitate continual improvement projects and teams
* Oversight of all laboratory and development equipment and personnel, including procedure development, process flow and work instructions
* Responsible for leading investigations, maintaining tracking and reporting for all customer complaints
* Provide support, aid, training and development to all laboratory personnel ensuring they have the appropriate skills and knowledge to perform their essential job functions
* Maintain plant and laboratory quality systems, including ISO and GMP
* Oversee internal and external customer specifications ensuring testing is correct for specification requirements
* Define, research and recommend equipment and services related to current and future requirements of the laboratory
* Provide technical support to sales, customers and vendors for raw material and finished product quality control, product specifications, and test procedures
* Maintain and ensure that all customer specifications are documented, verified and current
* Travel as required
Other assigned duties, responsibilities and special projects
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, proportions and percentages and to apply them to practical business situations
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Ability to lift/move up to 35 pounds
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science, preferably chemistry, chemical or polymer engineering and five years' experience or equivalent business experience of ten (10) years of Laboratory testing and quality assurance preferred.
Candidates must be able to work in U. S. without sponsorship. Local candidates only.