Quality Manager 8/18/2016
Custom Manufacturing & Engineering
Pinellas Park, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Completely responsible for ensuring company-wide compliance with our Total Quality Management System. Also responsible to develop, implement and manage our Total Quality Assurance Program (both internally and throughout our Supply Base) to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products and to ensure that the continuous improvement, quality control and quality assurance of all production products are consistent with our established standards and industry Best Practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* BS/ BA in Engineering or related field
* 5 + years related experience in Configuration Management or QualityEngineering
* 5 + years related experience in managing a Quality organization in a Manufacturing setting
* Aerospace/Defense (DOD), Automotive experience also preferred
* Strong knowledge of QualitySystems and QMS
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement Processes
* Independent knowledge and previous experience in working within an ISO/MIL QualitySystem
* Proven ability to develop, manage and enforce Manufacturing/Quality methods and procedures
* Strong analytical and computer skills for various reports on product and process quality, including MS Office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Achieves quality assurance operational objectives through analysis of data tied to strategic plans and goals
* Assist/direct procedures, requirements, corrective actions and process problem analysis, as well as administer NCM, preventative/corrective action, MRB and QMS procedures/requirements.
* Meet QMS procedures, record review, check approval and meet compliance.
* Responsible for ensuring the policies, procedures, desk guides, and forms stored on the Proven Process Website are up to date and being complied with by employees.
* Maintain all Quality Certifications and oversee all internal and external audits
* Maintain quality assurance and quality control with software and systems engineering.
* Administrate root cause investigation and analysis, implement corrective and preventative action process and approval.
* Administrate non-conforming material review board process. Contractual qualityrequirements and reporting.
* Prepares and completes action plans tied directly to continuous improvement initiatives driving cost and quality improvements throughout the organization
* Experienced in implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
* Determine system improvements and implement change.
* Accountable for quality assurance staff for coaching, planning, recruiting, training, and disciplining employees
* Meets quality assurance financial objectives through the use of Key Process Indicator weekly reporting tied to company KPI's (scrap, rework, yields, customer returns etc.).
* Manages configuration management and change control board to ensure proper documentation is released
* Knowledge and ability to lead QMS for ISO/AS9100, ISO17025, and CMMI standards
* Completes internal and external audits and any resultant corrective actions.
* Leads material review board to determine root cause analysis for suspect or damaged materials
* Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes through documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualification, and writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
* Maintains and improves product quality through internal and external audits by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
* Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations
* Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Performs other duties as assigned
Position requires US Citizenship and/or Lawful Permanent Resident for purposes of obtaining clearances & ITAR Compliance.
Additional clearances may also be required by the Department ofDefense