Quality Manager 9/3/2016
Search Solution Group
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintaining a safe work environment and operation.
* Providing leadership and expertise to implement, improve and maintain aerospace quality systems.
* Interfacing with customers to ensure compliance with customer quality requirements.
* Preparing quality plans/manuals for existing and new products; these plans include sampling plans, special customer requirements, etc. to ensure product quality.
* Reviewing manufacturing documents for compliance to quality requirements; providing oversight of the quality approval of these documents.
* Facilitating/coordinating quality improvement and root-cause / corrective action projects as required.
* Scoping, organizing, and conducting Kaizen events and otherLean/5S activities.
* Overseeing/leading Six Sigma projects and activities using the DMAIC process.
* Conducting internal and supplier audits to ensure compliance to quality standards.
* Act a primary resource in the research and response to customer complaints, rejections, and requests for corrective action to enhance positive customer and supplier relationships in a cooperative environment, including continuous follow-up and interface with customers and/or suppliers on all quality issues.
* Preparing, analyzing, and presenting detailed and management oriented written and oral reports.
* Providing oversight of the document control function for the plant site.
* Providing oversight and leadership over the Quality Control Lab.
* Managing the non-conformance process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in one of the Sciences, Engineering, Business.
* Five or more years of experience leading AS9100 quality systems in a manufacturing environment.
* CQE/ CQA or Six Sigma certifications are strongly desired.
* Strong working knowledge and leadership skills using Six Sigma and Lean tools.
* Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
* Solid people and organizational management and development skills.
* Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, and meet deadlines is essential.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and in a cross-functional team environment is critical.