This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
The incumbent will be responsible for encouraging and promoting an atmosphere of safety, continuous improvement and performance to meet all our customer requirements throughout the plant with all personnel. He/she will assure consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good automated manufacturing practice systems; validating processes; providing good customer relations documentation and managing staff.
* Achieves quality assurance objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change
* Working with external customers by having a strong customer service presence and delivery
* Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures, monitoring inventories
* Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures
* Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods
* Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations
* Updates job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree; preferably in the Sciences, Engineering, Quality or Project Management
* Minimum five (5) years hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment
* Management experience preferred
* Understanding of SPC (Statistical Process Control); Six-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or strong ISO background a plus
* Basic understanding of HACCP and GMPs