This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Spartan Light Metal
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE COMPANY: SPARTAN LIGHT METALS
The position will be based in Sparta, IL
Spartan Light Metal Products is a privately held company headquartered in St. Louis, MO that was founded in 1961. Their culture was built on putting employee's first and hiring people that have innovative ideas and strong work ethic that would translate to delivering excellent customer service.
Today, Spartan Light Metal Products continues to be a solutions leader in the design and manufacture of aluminum and magnesium die-casting products and assemblies. The company has associates located in the United States and Asia.
While the size and capabilities of Spartan have grown well beyond what was envisioned by its founder in 1961, there is one thing that remains the same: dedicated and innovative people striving to solve the customer's problem.
Spartan Light Metal Products is looking for a confident well-rounded QualityManager for their Sparta, IL Plant that will report directly to the Plant Manager. As part of the highly functioning leadership team in the profitable, growing Plant you will mentor and manage a team of QualityEngineers and Auditors. You have a deep process orientation and will successfully cast and execute a vision to ensure proper quality control at the plant. You will be able to handle complex issues and systems and be excellent at prioritizing problems. You will function, as the main point of contact for customer's to ensure product quality and be instrumental in ensuring continued Plant growth for the future. As a member of the Plant leadership team you will contribute to the establishment of guidelines
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:
and direction, strategic planning, and attainment of overall plant performance and P/L goals. The ideal candidate practices servant leadership and has a proven Quality Management background with demonstrated experience improving processes and installing best practices.
Provides leadership and direction over Quality operations, ensuring systems and processes are in place to achieve key metrics/targets in the areas of quality, productivity, cost, safety, and customer service.
Leads and utilizes best practices in quality deployment to improve processes, part quality, and qualitysystem performance. (Customer perception of quality, reduction in NVA work, rework, returns, internal scrap, etc).
Manages customer relationships for leveraged parts by having meaningful contacts with customer's quality decision makers. Success in this area earns the "benefit of the doubt" on daily activities. It allows an understanding that can be communicated regarding quality expectations of the customer, the ability to disagree professionally and to weigh cost/benefit relationships. Confronts issues with candor, tact and professionalism to allow cost effective and quality effective decisions.
Manages, schedules, maintains documentation and reports out results of a management audit function. Follows up that corrective action is implemented. Interacts closely with advanced quality planning activities to insure that lessons learned and best practices are incorporated into new programs.
Manages internal 8-D process through corrective actions as a result of TS-16949 audits, management audits and supplier corrective actions.
Provides professional development, QualitySystem guidance and training to the team leaders, facilitators and auditors.
Develops, maintains and audits TS-16949 and customer-specific qualityrequirements.
Initiates, facilitates and authors when needed all manufacturing system procedures so they are consistent, add value, streamline work and meet minimum TS-16949 requirements.
Participates in lean and continuous improvement meetings to ensure consistency and conformance to best practices.
Arbitrates, when needed, subjective quality problems and system interpretation disputes.
Monitors supplier performance and oversees Supplier Corrective Actions (8-D).
Participates in Customer Corrective actions (8-D) activities. Provides guidance, oversight and final signoff to the cross- functional team responsible for answering the 8D.
Coordinates/Manages the check function for implemented Corrective Actions that result from external 8-D's, providing feedback to the engineering and manufacturing teams of effectiveness or the need for additional work. Views 8-D
* Manages team member performance. Develops performance
plans and productivity and quality standards/goals. Mentors, trains and develops team members, ensuring a highly trained, skilled and high performance work team that contributes to meeting/exceeding team, site and organizational goals.
* Performs supervisory duties, including, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, counseling, disciplining, rewarding team members, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
* Communicates directly to team members individual and team goals, performance expectations, obstacles, problems, issues, and successes. Inform team members of customer quality, product, delivery and team performance issues. Communicates company goals and strategies and how team and individual goals/performance fit into these goals/strategies.
* Promotes teamwork and collaboration
* Accepts personal responsibility and accountability * Committed to personal excellence
* Trust and empathy
* Advanced ability to implement organizational, plant and team vision and goals that result in achievement and success through exceptional leadership skills, collaboration, creative thinking, maintaining focus, and persistence, even under adversity, while maintaining the confidence of management and team members.
* Advanced team-building skills. Ability to create a shared sense of purpose, collaboration and effective communication between team members.
* Demonstrated ability to work through others to accomplish tasks and goals. Ability to create an environment that motivates others to take ownership in achieving work goals, targets and/or metrics.
* Advanced skills in implementing change, ensuring understanding, participation and ownership.
* Advanced skills in conflict resolution, handling face-to-face confrontations, mediating groups and achieving positive results.
* Ability to deal with stressful situations with tact and professionalism.
* Exceptional ability to liaise with others across operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
* Advanced ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including balancing priorities and deliverables.
* Ability to foster a customer service-focused environment.
* Advanced decision-making skills. Ability to make timely and
effective decisions and produce results through tactical planning and the implementation and evaluation of procedures,
processes, practices, and policies.
* Advanced problem-solving skills, demonstrating the ability to
participate in or lead problem solving sessions, examine various process variables and sets of data and make decisions as to how to solve complex problems, and to create or improve a process.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and
management and with external contacts.
* Demonstrates the ability to convey business terminology that is
meaningful and well received by others.
* Advanced ability to write documents, correspondence, training
materials, manuals, etc.
* Ability to make effective presentations, conduct productive
meetings, and lead group discussions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar field, or equivalent related work experience.
* 8+ years experience in quality assurance, engineering, auditing, and/or systems experience.
* 5+ years management/lead experience.
* Proven background