Quality Manager 8/26/2016
Your Next 9 to 5
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client a growing Oakland County Manufacturing Automotive Supplier is seeking a Quality Manager to add to their team. The position will be responsible in establishing, implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System.. The right candidate will have worked within the Interior trim industry and have an automotive manufacturing background. This International company is in a tremendous growth stage. The company offers a competitive salary and a very generous benefit package including 401k with match.
* Improve the communication and relationship between and the customers / suppliers.
* Completion of APQP documents for project launches.
* Initiate and implement process improvements.
* Initiate / implement 8-D problem solving techniques from product reject information obtained from the quality auditors, customer and or the quality resident tech.
* Verification and determination of the responsibility for the nonconformity of the products rejected.
* Notification and corrective action request / verification from suppliers.
* Coordination and or actual reworking of responsible nonconforming products.
* Completion of documentation for PPAP submission to customers.
* Develop, maintain and document communication to the customers and suppliers.
* Obtain access to customer web sites and review daily.
* Conduct and document review of rejected product internally.
* Notification to suppliers of rejected product, and request verification of corrective actions, and return or disposal of product. Rework responsible nonconforming product internally.
* Schedule and conduct on-site customer visits, document scrap reviews and rework responsible rejected product on-site (if applicable). Along with the authorizing the return (reworkable only at) or disposal of responsible rejected product.
* Obtain boundary sample approvals from customers (catalogs - physical signed samples) for and supplier products.
* Conduct and document internalsystem audits.
* Participate in the development and implementation of audit corrective actions.
* Supplier development and PPAP approval.
* Maintaining and documenting the calibration status of gauges and color books.
* Proper use of the document control process and training of inspection criteria to employees.
* Entering of rejection data into SAP daily.
* Technical engineeringdegree or equivalent experience in the automotive industry.
* Knowledge of 8-D problem solving techniques.
* Excellent knowledge of TS16949
* German and/or Spanish knowledge preferred
* Gage Experience
* MS Office software knowledge (Excel, Word) & SAP
* High level of personal initiative regarding problem solutions
* Ability to set and maintain priorities time management
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment (US, Europe, Latin America)
* Flexibility regarding national and international business travel as required. Maintain appropriate documentation (such as a valid passport).