This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID
* The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
* This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title
* The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for the implementation and execution of the Kraft Heinz Quality Chain Management System at the plant level, including distribution and local storage sites. It controls all products and processes in the plant, through strict adherence to policies, specifications, and standards. It utilizes methods, tools, and procedures to deliver zero defects from incoming raw materials to outgoing finished goods in a food safe environment. The position ensures that facility personnel are properly resourced and trained to efficiently and effectively execute their quality responsibilities. It leads Continuous Improvement of conformance quality and best in class cost of quality by utilizing L6S tools. The position has significant managerial responsibilities, including hiring and developing talent as well as budget management.
Key Components of the role
Implement and assure compliance to all Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality policies
* Lead implementation of Kraft Heinz QMS (Quality Management System) and associated policies at plant site
* Ensure USDA regulations and respective plant programs are in compliance.
* Maintain robust food safety program (e.g. QRMP, HACCP, sanitation, pest control, GMP, traceability)
* Ensure implementation of and compliance to Sanitation policies, programs, and procedures
* Ensure USDA and PMO regulations and respective plant programs are in compliance.
* Ensure compliance /audit readiness review all quality systems and policies annually
* Act as primary interface with regulatory agency representatives at the facility
* Develop plant Quality KPIs and scorecard
* Review quality management system metrics with the plant leadership team and BU Quality on a monthly basis
* Ensure appropriate documentation in place to support compliance to policies and procedures
* Manage plant quality labs to ensure all methods, equipment and measurements meet gauge reliability and repeatability (R&R) standards in both the laboratory and all plant processes
* Ensure standard work through development of work documentation and training to standards
* Audit results no majors, no repeat majors
* FSSC certification
* NR s
* Effectiveness Metrics
Implementation of new programs by identified date
* Partner with R&D and engineering through design and commercialization phases
* Translate consumer/customer requirements (specifications), HACCP plans, Quality Policies, and regulations into a site control plan
* Ensure compliance to the control plan to deliver Food Safety, Regulatory, and Critical to Quality (CTQ) characteristics of a product or process
* Support execution of plant trials
Drive Continuous Improvement
* Identify and eliminate defects of any size or variation
* Track, report, and review the Quality Performance Indicators on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement.
* Manage cost of quality
* Monitor process capability against specifications and drive improvement utilizing statistical tools (IQS)
Resolve Consumer Complaints/Quality issues
* Own customer/consumer complaint investigation and resolution
* Develop, implement and communicate effective product containment program to ensure appropriate control of quality/food safety defects.
* Escalate early warnings per policy
* Ensure CAPA is utilized and effective actions are implemented and verified
* Implement a closed loop system of monitoring and control to ensure consumer/customer requirements are achieved
* Quality improvement plans
* Complaint rate and Faulty reduction
* RFT improvement
Champion Quality at the plant
* Increase capability of plant quality and laboratory staff through development and training
* As a member of the Plant Leadership Team, influence plant leadership to ensure all quality programs and systems are implemented effectively
* Coach/develop all plant leaders in regards to quality and statistical tools
* Report events/status/progress to Plant Manager and BU Quality leader in a timely and effective manner
* Execute Food Safety, Quality & Sanitation training at local site
* Manage core training and certification processes at local site
* Development of internal talent for quality and operations
* Direct management and development of quality, laboratory, and sanitation staff
* Ability to connect/influence local plant management and plant workforce to drive a best in class Quality Culture
* Communication of ideas/technical information in a easily understandable way
* Assessment of risk and appropriate/timely communication of risk
* USDA manufacturing
* Understanding of the cost of quality
* Understanding of manufacturing processes
* BS Food Science/Engineering/Chemistry or other relevant sciences
* CQE experience
* Minimum 5 years experience in Quality Assurance, Food Manufacturing, or other technical environment.
* Supervisory and/or Managerial experience.
* Food Safety and USDA Regulatory requirements
* Fundamental statistics (DMAIC Process/DFSS/Lean/metrology/MSA/sampling procedures)
* HACCP certified preferred
* Sanitation knowledge
* Development of quality knowledge for all plant employees; coaching, guidance, role model quality standards
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.