This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Quality Manager is accountable to ensure effective product safety and product quality systems controls are in place. Ensuring all products placed on the market is fully compliant to customer, regulatory, industry and Ardent Mills requirements. To achieve this assuring quality awareness and a cost competitive and engaged local quality organization. Responsible as part of the core leadership team at the facility.
* Ensure compliance to Quality/Food Safety (Q/FS) regulations/policies accountable to ensure Quality/Food Safety (Q/FS) execution for the location; this includes, training, compliance, and verification/auditing activities. Analyzes and interprets policies, customer standards, and directs implementation of Q/FS policies at the location.
* Customer Focus Maintain Customer audit programs and agreed 3rd party certification. Manage customer documentation, specifications, and ensure active customer support. Build relationships with local customers to uncover opportunities that lead to value creation and strengthen ties between our companies.
* Employees Develop and engage the local Quality Management Team to maximize their potential in line with business needs. Ensure the optimal organization of the local Quality Management team to meet customer, BU, and Corporate requirements.
* Wheat Management (Support)- Develop and support wheat management plan to optimize wheat functionality and cost
* Support Function - Supports the Facility Manager and/or other local management team members in their absences, as well as laboratory technicians when needed. Has accountability for employee safety and, also manage other major programs such as IPM, sanitation, and food safety.
* Willing and able to work in a plant environment
* Willing and able to work with wheat products i.e. no wheat /gluten sensitivity, intolerance and/or allergies
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Food Science, Biological Sciences, or related fields
* A minimum of three years in QA/QC in a food-manufacturing environment
* Knowledge in development and implementation of the following programs:
* FSMA Plant PCQI
* Good Manufacturing Practices
* Statistical Process Control
* Pest Control
* Food Microbiology and Chemistry
* FDA and USDA Regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrates effective Communication Skills written and verbal
* Demonstrates effective Commercial Problem Solving / Decision Making
* Demonstrates effective ability to work with Diverse Groups within and outside reporting relationships
* Demonstrates effective ability to Teach / Coach others within and outside reporting relationships
* Grain Science Market Knowledge
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.