Quality Operations Auditor 9/8/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Since 1896, Zodiac Aerospace has been contributing to the development of aeronautics. Following our pioneering spirit, Zodiac continues to advance in aerospace equipment and systems. Currently employing over 26, people worldwide, Zodiac continues to support the needs of our clients through innovation and responsiveness to market challenges.
Zodiac Cabin and Structures is the world's leading provider of integrated cabin interiors. Our mission is to design, certify, manufacture, and support the world's most innovative aircraft interiors and composite structures.
In order to strengthen the control system in Zodiac Aerospace, the Quality Group has created a team in charge of Quality & Operations Audits.
The Group Quality and Operations Auditor will be specialized in Operations Audits and through the execution of audits in all the group entities, assure conformity:
* In regulations applicable in civil aviation,
* In the requirements of Zodiac Aerospace Operating System (ZAOS) on the operational processes (purchasing, logistics, S&OP, production).
This position requires interface with senior leadership and executive management across the division. Process improvement initiatives, corrective action execution, and verification of effectiveness activities will be required. This position requires analytical capabilities and demonstrated problem solving experience from a variety of backgrounds.
Responsibilities, duties and skills and traits of the successful Group Quality and Operations Auditor will include:
* Identify current "gaps" in our operations and quality infrastructure
* Create and execute an approved action plan to correct them.
* Provide feedback on the performance of the corrective processes implemented and the expected results.
* Share and spread best practices with all our groups, in support of Zodiac Aerospace Operating System (ZAOS).
* Participate in the identification and in the qualification of Group Auditor.
* This position will track, overview and shareaudit results realized by the team with executive management.
* Aerospace experience - Commercial side - is a MUST.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and 10 or more years experience in quality or reliability disciplines at both an operational and functional level.
* Strong English communication skills (written and spoken) - Spanish capabilities are a big plus.
* Strong background in and understanding of an aerospace-centric operations and quality management system.
* Experience performing Gap Analyses and synthesizing information for high level reporting.
Travel and Location:
Requires approx 50-60% travel, most in North America,but occasional travel to Mexico, Brazil and France (once/twice peryear) . (Occasional travel outside North America may be planned - approx once/yThe position is based ideally in California or the Seattle area but can be based anywhere in the US within close proximity to a major airport.
*Due to security clearances required by some of our sites, this position requires US Citizenship.