Quality Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Responsible to deliver world-class reliability for new vehicle programs by combining engineering fundamentals with deep understanding of product development, to include: Assist engineering in performing new program risk assessments to determine which proactive reliability tools should be applied to best mitigate that risk. Apply Proactive Reliability Process to future systems including DFMEA, Engineering Requirements, and test planning. Work with Engineering to identify lessons learned from field and test issues. Identify vehicle and system level test issues, perform reliability analysis of test data and develop validation recovery plans. Implement new reliability methods and accelerated testing to vehicle systems.
* This Vehicle Reliability Lead for System and Components must be able to effectively interact and identify key product and process improvement opportunities in conjunction with Engineering, Quality and Vehicle Responsible organizations.
* Responsible for leading teams in the establishment of functional measurements, benchmarking competitive sets and setting targets that confirm achievement of vehicle reliability metrics in 3rd party reviews.
* Responsibilities include: Responsible for driving vehicle level reliability improvement as measured by internal and external indicators. *Be a voice of vehicle reliability within Systems and Components Engineering, Quality and Vehicle responsible organization.
* Own Vehicle Reliability Process, including creating and executing improvement plans for assigned systems.
* Ensure reliability risks and issues have clear path to resolution.
* Recommend vehicle, system and component test protocols to ensure highly reliable vehicles and systems.
* Operate as vehicle reliability subject matter expert throughout the organization. *Benchmark reliability best practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a related field
* Understanding of Basic Statistical Analyses (reliability calculations, etc.)
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in product, quality, or reliability engineering
* Basic understanding of vehicle interior and electronic systems and components
* Strong systems engineering background with an ability to influence across the organization
* Willingness to breakthrough barriers *Experience working within and leading diverse teams (e.g. global, cross-functional, union/union represented, etc.)
* Project Management skills *Basic computing skills covering standard office software
* May be required to travel - domestic & international (10-20%)
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.