Quality & Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) Business Unit of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of electrical connectors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. The AD&M BU has a global customer base with over 6,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Quality Engineer to join the Advanced Manufacturing Development team located at the Middletown, PA campus. This group provides the quick turn capabilities needed for prototypes and testable samples, building tooling to verify products & processes and transfer of developed processes to operations to meet customer ramp-up schedules. As part of the AD&M team, you will be joining a highly experienced group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
In this challenging and rewarding position, the Quality Engineer will support the new Product and Manufacturing Development engineering organizations to assure product meets customer requirements. Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, component manufacture and dimensional requirements. Investigate problems and develop disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions, dispositions and modifications. Develop and implement quality plans and procedures using statistical quality control, lean manufacturing concepts, and six-sigma tools.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Support quality function and deliverables across multiple project teams located in multiple regions
* Interface with customers, internal manufacturing sites and suppliers as required to address and resolve issues as they arise. Occasional travel may be required to TE sites, suppliers and customers.
* Facilitate and Lead Project Design Reviews to ensure LEANPD Development Execution
* Lead and direct Product and Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians in the resolution of issues
* Apply workmanship standards in the inspection of components and assemblies in order to assess acceptability
* Read engineering drawings interpreting Geometric Tolerancing and develop the corresponding quality inspection plans (QIP) for components and assemblies
* Gage design and able to work with Model Shop/outside suppliers to have gages designed, built and calibrated
* Read and interpret quality specifications and requirements
* Manipulate statistical data using programs such as Minitab or JMP
* Prepare reports and present to engineering team
* Be a resource for design of experiments (DOE) and capability studies
* Execution of failure analysis (Ishikawa, 5 Why, 8D)
* Analysis of quality and process data (ppm, scrap, Pareto, CPK, COPQ etc.)
* Facilitate and Lead Cross Functional Teams in Design and Process FMEAs
* Updating of the FMEA s and preparation of CP and QIP s in case of quality issues, tool and processes transfers and new process Introduction.
* Due to ITAR restrictions, Must be a United States Citizen or United States Permanent Resident to apply for this position.
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Manufacturing
* LDFSS Black Belt Certification (or Green Belt)
* Demonstrated expertise in quality concepts, practices and procedures
* Demonstrated experience in problem resolution using six sigma and conventional quality engineering tools and methods
* Demonstrated experience and success in leading teams in problem resolution
* Ability to plan, establish and coordinate test and inspection procedures, conduct process capability studies, prepare statistical quality control data and develop statistical designed experiments
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Statistical software packages
* Knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS9100
At TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.