Quality Systems Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Quality Systems Manager
Position ID: req4553
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Quality
Location: Charlotte Office, 10200 David Taylor Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262-2373 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/7/2016
The Quality Systems Manager is a key position for Electrolux Major Appliances, with new focus on Quality and Cost Out initiatives set by the NA Leadership Team.
This position will work closely with the new Global Quality organization which has been recently setup as a neutral function focusing on the full value chain to win in Consumer Quality and strengthen the competence by product.
This position is responsible to define, develop and deploy the common set of procedures, tools, methodologies and rules (the Quality Management System ) for all activities and processes related to Quality for all Functions in North America and linked to Product Introduction, Cost & Quality Continuous Improvements, Manufacturing and Management, as a fundamental asset to ensure clear, harmonized and transparent Quality Management.
The activity will consider available best practices while ensuring competence and governance for common application within NA Electrolux, aiming to drive a common and harmonized behavior for Quality within Electrolux Company.
The activity will require a strict coordination within all Product Line functions such as R&D, Manufacturing, Operations and Purchasing.
Considering the sector responsibility and mobility of the role, preferred location for this position is Charlotte HQ, but other location preferences at Electrolux sites can also be discussed.
The candidate should expect to travel with medium intensity with more location interactions in early systems development and implementation specific training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Define, develop and deploy the common set of procedures, tools, methodologies and rules (the Electrolux Quality Management System ) valid for all Functions and Sectors
* Develop, deploy and maintain the common templates required by the Quality Management System
* Ensure that the Quality Manual defining the Quality Management System is applied consistently throughout each NA Product Line.
* Set forth a scheduled audit program to ensure the correct application of the above Quality Manual to each NA Product Line.
* Contribute to define and maintain a common set of Quality kpi s, cross-functional, to track continuous improvement progress in Quality results
* Ensure achievement and maintenance of ISO 9001 Certification in North America, using common approach and Certifier.
* Promote best practice and learning to ensure continuous improvement of the Quality Management System
Working in the NA Electrolux Quality team as well as on a Global level will be a stimulating challenge. The candidate should like to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues across the different Product Lines and cultures. You must have a strong drive and can prove that you have delivered in challenging environments in previous positions. We expect the right candidate to have:
* Academic Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
* Master Degree in engineering or operations managementBusiness (preferred)
* 5 years minimum experience in activities related to Quality Management Systems, especially related to definition and deployment of procedures and methodologies.
* Very good knowledge and experience in applying ISO 9001 Quality standards, related to all covered aspects (R&D, Operations, Purchasing)
* Plant or Sector quality engineering / process leadership experience
* Plant or R&D Experience strongly desired.
* Proven record of success leading continuous improvement projects and activities
* Possess a high sense of urgency with the ability to make and implement tough and timely decisions
* Demonstrated leadership capability in communicating and influencing others, stakeholder management, change leader and driving project success individually and through teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Highly strategic in thought and behaviour, while driving also short-medium execution
* Superior mental agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex issues
* Leader and team player
* Strong cooperative approach
* Digital attitude
* Focused on results with a high sense of urgency
* Confidence and courage to champion change
* Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
* Able to see big picture and work on a strategic level
* A passion for analyzing data and making business conclusions and recommendations
* A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
* Multicultural experience
* Ability to work independently and produce results
* Excellent communication and influencing skills
* Enthusiastic, energetic and pro-active
* Problem Solving
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.