Quality Systems Technician
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide.
Company Name: Hytek Finishes is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of the Esterline Engineered Materials platform of companies.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Quality Systems Technician
Job Family: Quality
Reports to: Quality Systems Supervisor
Works with: Production, Materials, Customer Service, Planning, Product Certification, Auditors
Location: Kent, WA, USA
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Quality System Supervisor, the Quality System Technician is responsible for assisting in maintenance of all aspects of the Hytek Quality System and working with others within the Quality Assurance department and in all operational departments to satisfy the quality needs of our customers, both internal and external.
This position is responsible for providing shop floor support in all areas of Quality including corrective action and audit reports, production planning, product certifications, and training.
* Interpret OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) specifications with the intent of converting them to work instructions for operational use
* Develop controlled/frozen work instructions for specific part numbers and processes per OEM requirements
* Develop and/or assist in the development of procedures for operational processes and the quality management system
* Provide technical support of operations through application of quality assurance practices to improve quality of products, processes, work instructions and overall process efficiency
* Assist in the technical maintenance of customer approvals for a wide variety of OEM specifications
* Maintain document control, both internal and external documents
* Perform internal quality audits and assist with external OEM/Customer quality audits
* Act as a quality assurance liaison for customers both internal and external.
* Define, implement, and maintain process controls; resolve root cause of failures or rework using analytical and statistical methods that may result in changes in tolerances, standards, or processing methods
* Monitor quality of production part outputs; perform reviews of technical issues with other departments for corrective action or continuous improvement initiatives.
* Assist in development of other technical experts
* Work one-on-one with our customers to rectify PO issues, interpret specifications and drawings, as well as investigate rejections.
* Assist shop personnel by providing them with the information and technical quality support needed to perform their processes efficiently.
* Develop and deliver drawing, work instruction, process procedure, and specification training
* Assist others as requested or needed and other duties as assigned.
* Other related duties as needed or assigned.
* Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and have the ability to work with customers (both internally and externally).
* Has the ability to work autonomously.
* Ability to rapidly adapt priorities and respond to changes in a fast-paced environment
* Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
* Strong computer skills using MS Office products as well as ERP system experience is desired, Syteline experience preferred.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and technical specifications, including customer drawings and blueprints - able to recommend changes to internal procedures and documents.
* Ability to facilitate cooperation from internal departments
* Must be able to meet tight deadlines
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree OR Quality-related certification and 5+ years of relevant work experience desired; aerospace manufacturing or finishing experience preferred
* Aerospace industry experience preferred, some knowledge of the surface finishing industry is a plus.
* Extensive knowledge of quality assurance theories, principles, practices, techniques, and concepts; familiarity with AS9100 and Nadcap requirements preferred
Essential Mental/Physical Demands
Extensive use of hands in writing, use of computer and other office equipment. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on an occasional basis. Sitting for long periods of time in an office environment. Walking throughout the facility. Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, boots, gloves, and aprons). Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the production work environment is moderate.
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).