Quality Tech I - Holland, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Technician for a third shift operation at our Holland, OH facility. We need a team player to be responsible for the inspection, assessment, verification/testing, and documentation of process and product quality on all goods, incoming goods, in-process used in the manufacture of our product and finished goods to the customer and acceptability thereof. Included in these duties are instrument care, calibration and documentation.
The ideal candidate's essential Job Duties are amongst other:
* Following standard methods and techniques, inspects and tests product to ensure it meets customer and product specification, and alert production when standards are not met.
* Monitors manufacturing processes to assure process capability.
* Monitors product tracking methods (i.e. UPC, date stamps, etc.). Maintains customer samples.
* Puts questionable product on hold, organizes re-work if necessary, and inspects returned product.
* Inspects and/or approves printing inks or adhesive solutions for production per work order specification and schedule as required.
* Prepares routine reports - including gathering and summarizing data.
* Inspects and tests incoming supplies and raw materials.
* May assist in training of other production employees in quality assurance procedures and standards.
* May review overall SPC and data entry, may proof new printing plates, and may track and/or maintain label and ink or adhesive inventory and generate requisition for appropriate approval, depending upon specific Facility requirements.
* Knowledgeable of proper packaging specifications and acceptable quality for any given product.
* Continual monitoring of product quality being manufactured on the production floor.
* Follows and participates in plant safe housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment. Participates in the GMP and HACCP programs.
* Promotes worker safety
* Ensures Quality products and processes are
* Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP)
Job Qualifications, Equipment and/or Experience:
* Previous quality assurance experience preferred.
* Ability to input and retrieve information on a computer. Prefer Microsoft Excel skills.
* Basic understanding of equipment, instruments and processes.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy.
* Strong attention to detail.
* High School education, GED or equivalent skills, experience, or training
Why Work For Tekni-Plex
We offer a dynamic work environment, where you will be challenged to come up with innovative ideas that can make an immediate impact, advance your career and expand your knowledge at Tekni-Plex. We are experiencing tremendous change that is creating a host of opportunities for talented professionals.
Tekni-Plex offers many perks and benefits beyond salary. We offer a full complement of valuable benefits which include:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life and Disability
* 401(k) and Match
* Wellness Program
* EAP, and more.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .