This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Quality Technician - 3rd Shift
The quality technician will work on 3rd shift from 12:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. each day, occasional schedule changes or overtime opportunities necessary based on production needs. Responsibilities include safety, product quality testing, process validation and improvement. The quality technician is expected to spend a significant amount of time in the lab and on the plant floor. Must have the ability to legally work in the United States.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
* Monitor progress regarding 5S area scans. Resolve issues in partnership with operators and shift supervisors.
* Proactively monitor area for potential safety issues.
* Follow all EHS Rules and Regulation
* Develop and execute upon standard work activities.
* Work with black/green belt and engineers on lean/six sigma activities such as data collection, time studies, product/process validation and SOP creation and audit.
* Perform routine tests accurately and timely to determine if the products meet product specifications.
* Participate in improving product quality by assisting with root cause investigations and effective corrective actions with the goal of preventing customer complaints and reducing internal rework.
* Provide training and assistance to lab and floor operators using lab test SOP for finished product quality tests
* Implement quality test for incoming raw material inspection per Tremco specification.
* Conduct product and process audit to ensure standard work excuted on the floor and lab as assigned.
* Ensure ongoing compliance to all customer requirements as well as Quality System requirements
* Ensure calibration and operational maintenance of floor and lab quality equipment in schedule
* Sets up, adjust, and operate laboratory equipment and instruments
* Troubleshoot basic testing procedures
* Manage retain room filing and disposal
* Sustain lab 5S (QC lab and retain room)
* Manage spare parts and ensure lab supplies are adequately stocked
* Ensure lab SOPs up to date
* Other tasks and projects assigned by supervisor
* Improve productivity through elimination of non-value added activities.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* Associate s Degree with an emphasis in chemistry or polymer science. Bachelor degree preferred.
* Six months to one year related experience working in Chemical or Polymer industry.
* Excellent office and floor communication skills.
* Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite. Previous experience of using enterprise software such as SAP is a plus.
* This Job is Located at a chemical plant
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.