This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
The primary responsibility of this position is to audit product quality at press and finishing. The Quality Technician assists in the teaching, education or coaching of production associates in WSPG Quality philosophy as well as quality improvement techniques. They will provide technical assistance to customers and sales related to administrative/product quality issues in the area of complaint resolution.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Works with sales staff, customers, accounting, estimating and customer service representatives to correct zero invoices, confirm contract prints, and ensure pricing matches quotes as well as confirming concessions.
* May aid in correcting CS and estimating issues, including but not limited to shipping errors, disputed miscellaneous charges, over shipments, over/under runs, wrong bill-to information and quote errors.
* May aid in investigating and/or correcting product quality issues which could involve, but is not limited to color, registration (print to print or print to die), construction, unwind, finished roll, deep die cuts, etc.
* Recommend credit/concession based on investigation.
* When discrepancies occur, will verify process improvements and corrective action as well as quality documentation systems.
* Assist in reducing quality metrics i.e. R & A S, internal & external non conformances (NC s) and back to production jobs.
* Responsible for performing final inspections of critical customer accounts
* Communicates quality errors or concerns found during production to the Quality Manager, Production Manager and/or General Manager. The QM Tech is not authorized to interrupt production or seize operations.
* Represent WS Packaging for both internal and external customer service in accordance with company employee manual. Follow the Golden Rule
* Maintain facility ISO record files management
* Provides training to other employees as requested.
* Spot checks machines to make sure quality is checked throughout the shift.
* Spot checks boxes from other shifts to ensure product is accurate and meets customer specifications.
* Communicate daily at shift change with the other QCs to ensure a smooth transition between shifts
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Associate s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, and have the ability to learn company specialized software programs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
This position works in both an office and production environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 40 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.