This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking a Quality Technician 1 to join our world class team in Middleton, TN. This role is responsible for daily collaboration with the cross functional teams (SQDC) to address quality issues by collecting and analyzing data, performing tests, inspections, audits and root cause analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Uses periods of high concentration to inspect materials visually for proper identification and key attributes from inspection sheet; sets up test equipment.
* Keeps accurate records of test and inspection results, printed log sheets or data entry screen on a computer or a mainframe terminal.
* Fills out rejection notices, defective material reports or other quality forms as required.
* Supporting SQDC Boards, which includes investigation and resolutions of issues, data collection, perform process and product audits to include timely and accurate containment.
* Support to the corrective action process and quality support for their assigned production areas.
* Verifies quality of materials/Products.
* Uses good verbal and written communication skills to assist in problem solving.
* Involves lifting equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 lbs.
* Keep work area safe, neat and orderly.
* Performs other various job duties as may be assigned.
* High School Diploma and/or Technical School Diploma required.
* Associate's Degree in Engineering or Quality Control preferred.
* One to two years' experience in machine operation within a manufacturing department.
* Zero to two years' experience in the field of quality preferred.
* Basic mechanical and/or electrical aptitude required.
* Basic understanding of the metal working process preferred.
* Basic print reading ability required.
* Experience in the use of basic measuring instruments required.
* Basic experience with inspection equipment, statistical process control and working knowledge of computer capabilities preferred.
* Possess a basic understanding of lean material systems or lean production systems preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the facility and across the organization.
* Possess good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to understand complex written and/or verbal instructions.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) required.
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.