Quality Technician 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION TITLE:Quality Technician
SPECIFICATION NUMBER: 68872CRI
LOCATION: Morristown, New Jersey
COMPENSATION:$45, - $55, + 10% Bonus
COMPANY: Our client is a leader in the Medical Device industry.
Responsible for the daily QC Lab functions, including testing of product, calibration of lab equipment, testing for raw materials and paperwork and process audits.
This is an opportunity to play a key-role in an aggressive, growth-oriented Company that provides an entrepreneurial work environment in an emerging industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES
* Accurately perform and report daily testing of product according to established methods and requirements.
* Manage the testing schedule to support timely deliveries of customer orders.
* Evaluation of test data to support production.
* Interface with production personnel to communicate status of testing.
* Monitor and report test status of various production runs to QC Manager, Manager of Ink Technology, or Process Engineer.
* Provide support to R fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold. The noise level in the environment is quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and distance vision.
INTERPERSONAL / OTHER SKILLS:
KEY CRITICAL SKILLS:
* Able to use judgment to make decisions relating to product quality
* Able to review data to identify trends; based on those trends identify and implement corrective action before trend results in out-of-specification condition
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to develop and carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form. Ability to define problems, and draw valid conclusions
* Excellent mathematical skills
* Well organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple activities/projects simultaneously
* Strong communication skills to effectively interact with Manufacturing/Quality personnel, vendors, customers and management; verbally and in writing
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS:
* Strong business acumen
* Results oriented
* Sense of urgency
* Intellectually curious
* Leadership qualities, effective communicator both externally and internally
* Team Player
* Able to develop people
* Ability to multi-task
* Sense of urgency
* Well organized
* Cooperative; able to resolve conflict
* Goal oriented
* Strong work ethic
* Pre-disposition to identify opportunities for improvement as well as recommend and implement solutions