This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/4/2017
DS Services of America, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview of the Quality Control Technician position
This position is responsible for performing quality checks to ensure conformity of Company water products.
* Accurately perform assigned QA testing, source testing, and sanitation checks of products, raw materials and supplies at prescribed frequency.
* Monitor quality assurance parameters and GMP compliance; testing shall be accomplished in compliance with local, state, federal and company policies and procedures.
* Conduct visual and physical plant inspections in accordance to HACCP & ISO standards/requirements.
* Maintain detailed and accurate records, completing all required documentation of laboratory samples and testing results.
* Maintain testing schedule of water/product samples for quality and composition.
* Thoroughly communicate any test results outside of standard specifications to management
* Ensure accuracy of calibration of equipment on a regular basis.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry laboratory experience.
* Working knowledge of water processing, chemistry, microbiology, reverse-osmosis, filtration, de-ionization, water softening, fluid metering and monitoring devices.
* Ability to understand, interpret and record testing procedures.
* Solid decision making skills; good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining safety standards.
* Solid computer skills and understanding of mathematics calculations.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled