Quality Unit Leader, Wastewater
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Philip Morris USA's role is to responsibly and effectively develop, manufacture and market superior branded cigarettes and smokeless products for adult tobacco consumers. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Quality Unit Leader to join our Wastewater Treatment department in Chester, VA.
The successful candidate will lead salaried technicians in a laboratory environment to fulfill business objectives on behalf of manufacturing and/or regulatory requirements that are linked to manufacturing goals and strategies.
Specific accountabilities include:
* In charge of Wastewater Treatment lab day to day operations.
* Maintain the State and the EPA regulatory compliance's for the WWT Lab.
* Maintain WWT database and WWT Lab Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
* Performs all regulatory and internal reporting for the Environmental Area including monthly e-DMRs preparation and submitting to the State DEQ.
* Oversees WWT operation in absence of Wastewater Operation Leader & assist WWT operations in statistical process control/changes and chemical feed optimization.
* Assists power house lab with instrumentation problems/troubleshooting.
* Responsible for departmental Total Quality Measures/Scorecard data.
* Coordinate all compliance & process related special sampling/testing.
* Responsible for State DEQ Audit compliance.
* Accountable for department contracts and standing purchase orders/ procurement.
* Responsible for document controls (EMS/ISO 14001).
* Manages departmental non-employees through DCR Workforce managed services.
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, related field and/or equivalent experience in Wastewater/Environmental field
* Possession of Virginia Class 1 Wastewater Operators License
* Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment
* Familiarity with principles/concepts of Quality Systems/ISO/Lean Manufacturing/Good Laboratory Practices
* Managerial and performance management skills as well as planning, organizing, facilitating and communicating within all levels of matrix organization
* Must be able to work well in a team environment and have demonstrated strong project management, verbal, written, and general communication skills
* Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Water Information Management System (WIMS), and SAP
At Philip Morris USA, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development, and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://altria.contacthr.com/50593470.jpg / img height='1' width='1' border='0' src='https://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/adServer.bs?cn=tf&c=19&mc=imp&pli=17363673&PluID=0&ord=10-07-2016&rtu=-1' alt='' /