Quality and Safety Staff Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
* Ensure compliance with regulatory standards across role groups and disciplines. Assists with on-site surveys by regulatory agencies.
* Participates in the evaluation of safety events using root cause analysis methods and supports related performance improvement efforts.
* Leads quality and safety efforts while promoting a just culture of safety framework
* Collaborates in the collection, dissemination, and analysis of nursing sensitive indicator data and serves as a resource for related performance improvement initiatives.
* Assists with composition and presentation of quality and safety reports to various groups throughout the hospital, including activities related to re-designation as a Magnet hospital.
* Serves as consultant for performance improvement initiatives.
* Participates in and provides consultation for Collaborative Governance Quality and Safety groups. And work with various groups throughout hospital to identify evidence-based best practices and to develop implementation and sustainability plans.
* Assists with the development of quality and safety
education programs for staff, students, and visitors from other health care organizations.
* Current Massachusetts licensure as a registered nurse required.
* Masters degree required, either bachelor or masters degree must be in nursing.
* Minimum 5 years RN experience required.
* Quality and safety leadership/or consultation experience within an acute hospital setting that has included regulatory readiness, measuring nursing sensitive indicator data, signal detection, and performance improvement required.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.