Quantitative Analyst - Mortgage, Secondary Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Job
The Quantitative Analyst - Mortgage, Secondary Marketing will perform a broad range of quantitative analysis to support the Secondary Marketing Group within First Niagara/KeyBank Mortgage. The individual will interact with the Model Risk Group, Market Risk Group, and others to perform new and ongoing model validation related functions as it relates to the mortgage divisions risk, valuation, and trading models. Additionally, the analyst will interact with management, traders, and the secondary reporting group to improve modeling capabilities and to develop quantitative reports related to the pipeline/warehouse, portfolio, MSR, hedge, and margin management functions. The position requires a strong quantitative background.
Essential Job Functions
- Understanding and proving the conceptual framework and assumptions of the models
- Understanding how the models are used in the business decision-making process
- Preparing and presenting the documentation required by the Model Risk Group for new model development and for the improvement and ongoing maintenance of the models.
- Use quantitative skills to assess model performance and develop reporting methodologies for those assessments.
- Work with managers, traders, and other analyst to validate model changes
- Respond to queries from internal partners, external auditors, and regulators related to the adequacy of the models and their uses
- Assess model risks and limitations, and devise protocals to mitigate/adjust for those risk and limitations
- Working collaboratively with model risk in the validation process
- Work with external model developers, financial analyst, and valuation agents to broaden understanding of financial markets and the mortgage business to aid in model enhancement and risk measurement
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, mathematics, statistics or other quantitative field.
- 1 to 3 years of financial modeling/ model validation experience
- Experience with development of testing methodologies and creation of working papers
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, mathematics and financial modeling
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, SAS, MATLAB or other advanced statistical software
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office with advanced experience in Excel
- Proficiency in a programming language such as C++ or VB.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members and external partners
- Understanding of Mortgage Backed Securities, Mortgage Servicing Rights, and financial markets a plus
4224 Ridge Lea Rd., Amherst, New York 14226
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled