Quantitative Program Evaluation Consultant 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL Energy's Sustainable Energy Use group is seeking a Quantitative Program Evaluation Consultant with demonstrated program evaluation expertise with a quantitative focus. This individual will be expected to lead and provide advanced technical contributions to energy usage research and evaluation efforts throughout the United States. This may entail managing projects, working independently on analysis projects, and/or collaborating successfully on team analysis efforts. The successful candidate will be able to interface externally with clients and, internally, train and mentor junior staff. This position is based in our Nashville, TN office.
Tasks May Include
* Manage projects, including serving as the primary point of contact for our clients, developing analysis plans, and leading an analytical team
* Explore, manipulate and perform quality control on a wide variety of energy usage data and analyses
* Perform and lead statistical analysis and develop statistical models with energy and related data based on existing DNV GL methods
* Learn and apply existing protocols and methods to derive defensible estimates of energy savings.
* Recommend and develop new methods when applicable.
* Develop sampling frames and designs for surveys and other primary data collection, as well as estimate confidence intervals and relative precision
* Manage subcontractors and internal staff responsible for primary data collection
* Prepare reports for clients covering research methodology, findings, and program recommendations
* Oversee quantitative analysts in coding and data analysis procedures
* Support proposal and other business development activities
* Master s Degree in statistics, economics, sociology or related field required
* Minimum 2 years of professional program evaluation experience required; or minimum 4 years of professional experience in the energy utility or data analytics field required
* Demonstrated strong quantitative skills
* Demonstrated experience managing projects
* Demonstrated proficiency producing deliverables, including written reports and data products
* Ability to manage time and workload effectively to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Knowledge and experience in the energy utility industry particularly with demand side management (DSM), demand response and market characterization preferred
* Demonstrate experience in statistics and/or econometrics that includes design and selection of statistical samples and/or regression analysis techniques using real world data is desired
* Experience in a consulting environment, interfacing with clients and leading project teams is a plus
* Experience with one or more statistical programming languages. Prefer expertise in SAS. Willing to consider candidates with expertise in STATA, R, or another command-line driven software package for analyzing large data sets, and a willingness to adapt to a SAS environment
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Please submit a Cover letter with your resume that details your specific experience working with program evaluation required
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V