Quantitative Strategies Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSTION DESCRIPTION
This position involves systems development and technical support for the Quantitative Strategies team with Risk Management. Specific responsibilities include the development and maintenance of various models in support of QS team analytics, support for the SAS development and analytics environment, and design and development for multiple reporting and analytical databases required by the team. The position also supports the offshore team members who access the CIT environment via remote desktops. The candidate will be asked to follow internal full life-cycle methodology, analyze complex requirements, create technical documentation, participate in design and code reviews, develop proof of concept prototypes, and design and implement solutions to satisfy technical requirements.
* Familiarity and working knowledge of the SAS analytics framework to provide support to SAS users and to deploy SAS models within the CIT UAT and PROD environments.
* Strong knowledge of Python to assist QS team in redeveloping existing models and building newer ones in a more efficient and sustainable way.
* Knowledge of credit risk and/or accounting concepts and terminology is a plus
* Familiarity with loan and lease accounting systems to assist in troubleshooting issues with models deployed to other business units.
* Strong database related experience (SQL Server 2012 or Oracle 12.0) developing DTS Packages, stored procedures, and general database scripting
* Strong reporting skills to design database schemas to load data from various internal and external sources and to provide useful analytical output.
* Previous full-life cycle experience developing and delivering applications
* Version Control, Change Management, Issue Tracking
* Good teamwork and communication skills