Quantitative Trade Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Seeking a self-driven individual with strong quantitative and programming skills to join the premier International Trade practice in Washington DC.
Working with senior attorneys and non-attorney professionals, we are looking for an individual that will develop statistical programs to analyze and compile client confidential data used in high-profile international trade cases. Candidate should be familiar with using validation techniques to format, process, and prepare complex calculations under specified guidelines. Candidate will take projects from raw data files, through construction of SAS software programs, to analysis of price and cost drivers. Expected to test large client datasets for completeness and adherence to structured guidelines and assist in finding patterns and relationships in data.
This position requires experience in relational database programming, research methods, data integrity testing, and has a preference for those candidates with knowledge of U.S. Department of Commerce antidumping investigation procedures. Candidate should be proficient in working with large-scale raw business data sets in Excel, and fluent in SAS programming language and SQL/C/C++. Preferred candidate has a Master’s degree and 3-5 years related experience, but will consider excellent candidates with a Bachelor’s degree.
• Proficient in SAS statistical software, Microsoft Office 2010, with advanced MS Excel
• Ability to conduct data mining to test accuracy and completeness of raw data, construct SAS data files, and write statistical programs
• Ability to work efficiently in a high-paced environment under tight deadlines
• 3-5 years of work experience
• Degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, economics or business
• Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
• Comfortable working individually as well as part of a team
• Some Accounting background
• Knowledge of Antidumping and Countervailing Duty proceedings
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.