Quarry Manager, Aggregates
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Provides the necessary leadership to plan, direct, organize, coordinate and control the mining of raw materials, and the production of shippable product at the assigned Plant in a manner to meet Aggregate Dispatcher requests, on a timely and cost-efficient basis. The Plant Manager will be tasked with ensuring that an appropriate quality product is made at the Plant.
Ensures proper staffing and monitoring of the inventory status at the Plant, and in addition, will coordinate activities with the following departments: Aggregate Operations Department Dispatch, Fleet Maintenance Department, and Quality Control Department of the Region, in addition Regional Administration/Financial function.
Analyzes and monitors production efficiency/productivity to ensure the Company is fully utilizing on site vehicles and plant equipment, at the assigned location. In addition, develops mining and production strategies and tactics to ensure an approach to raise productivity levels, maintaining safety as a top priority, while controlling the costs of the assigned location.
* Consistently identifies new operational and develops strategies for accomplishing the attainment of improved efficiency and productivity.
* Addresses the needs of the customer, while at the same time, promoting and protecting the long-term interests of the Company.
* Initiates and implements production and scheduling related programs, strategies and techniques that results in increased productivity, and maintain safe operations of the assigned Plant, while containing the budgeted expenses of the assigned plants.
* Manages the performance of subordinate personnel, works independently, meets deadlines and manages the assigned Plant with fiscal integrity.
* Develops responsibilities; must be able to objectively evaluate the performance of subordinates; and must be able to hold others accountable in a constructive manner.
* Participates in Company safety inspections, as well as MSHA inspections.
* Communicates with site crew, which includes plant operator, loader operators and laborers.
* Depending upon labour situation and plant size, may need to load and/or be part of the operating crew.
* Supervises the team to maintain production and efficiency. Schedules production, and executes preventative maintenance routines.
* Maintains sufficient inventory levels at site to service customer s needs.
* Coordinates safety issues and investigates incidents with safety department.
* Ensures environmental compliance, rehabilitation and meeting permit obligations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Minining Engineering, Management or related discipline
* Five (5) to seven (7) years of expereince in Aggregate Mining and related raw materials plant production
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with good negotiation, planning, scheduling and people management ability.
* Ability to motivate others to meet production goals, while maintianing the integrity of the safety program.
* Strong working knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulic systems, water systems, pumps, conveyors and air systems.
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: