R & D Engineer 8/10/2016
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Company
Franklin Lakes, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QUALIFICATIONS:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering or closely related disciplines required
* Technical writing experiencerequired
* Prior experience working in medical device field or regulated industry a plus
* Experience as member of a project team tasked with resolving technical issues or continuous improvement projects
* Capable of making practical assumptions with engineering justifications, where needed
* Experience with collecting and recording data, interpreting data and writing technical reports in a manner consistent with QSR, ISO, and GMP guidelines
* Experience with laboratory testing and equipment, such as Instrons
* Experience in delivering on-time to an existing project plan
* Ability to evaluate and summarize test results in written reports, including observations and discussion on findings and present results to team members orally and in writing
* Experience with statistical analysis and methods within Minitab and Microsoft Excel
* 3D CAD modeling using Solid Works is preferred
* Hands on-experience operating and programming of material test equipment
* Self-initiator, results driven, and action- and detail-oriented
* Experience with working in a product/design qualification/testing lab within R&D that supports development of medical device products
* Demonstrated experience with all phases of the Design Control process in the context of FDA regulation and understanding of disciplined product development processes, regulatory and quality requirements for medical products
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and influencing skills
* Strong technical judgment and problem solving skills
* Client Medical - Diabetes Care is searching for a temporary R&D Engineer to work in new product development.
* As an R&D Engineer, the ideal candidate will write verification reports, test instructions and protocols.
* Therefore, the candidate must be capable of identifying and breaking down technical problems resulting in robust solutions.
* The candidate many perform test method evaluation/development/re-design, and design test fixtures.
* The ideal candidate will participate in executing technical and cross-functional project work in support of R&D activities.