R & D Manager 8/9/2016
The HT Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking an experienced R&D Manager to be part of our rapidly growing client based in the Austin, TX area. This opportunity is a chance to be part of a start up organization (parent company is based in Europe) that is exploding in growth.
The R&D-manager plans, organizes and directs the R&D Team in accordance with company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines. Functionally reporting to global head of R&D in Europe.
* Plan and formulate all aspects of design and development regarding battery systems
* Lead and manage the R&D Team as they continue to grow
* Perform product design and development work as required
* Develop effective design and development procedures and control methodologies as required
* Manage all requirements from involved parties
* Oversee system validation and testing in various stages of design and production
* Job may require travel of a scheduled or urgent nature
* Perform other duties, special tasks and responsibilities as requested or required by him-/herself
Education, Experience and Qualifications
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineeringrequired
* Proven ability to think in systems
* Current experience managing and leading a team
* Power System Management in Lithium Ion Battery Systems preferred
* High Voltage Certification preferred
* Design and development leadership experience
* Minimum 3 - 5years leadership experience
* Fluent in English (required) and German (preferred)
* Excellent communication skills
Only qualified candidates will be considered. Please submit a word document resume directly through this posting. Willing to assist with some relocation.