R3 Technical Intern- Summer 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
R3 Technical Intern-Summer 2017
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
The SAS Intern Program will allow you to partner with leadership to work on business-critical projects resulting in an immediate impact to SAS and our customers. You could be contributing code to our industry-leading software or ensuring the quality of our products for our Fortune 100 customers-the sky is the limit! SAS interns also have the opportunity to grow their social and professional network, learn about our award winning culture, interact with senior leadership, and share their contributions with the entire company.
The R3 Program is designed to provide a valuable work experience to students who are traditionally underrepresented in the tech field. The goals of the R3 program are to Recognize, Recruit and Retain these talented individuals who infuse varying ideas into our culture.
During this experience you will partner with leadership to work on business-critical projects that allow you to make an immediate impact to SAS and our customers. You could be contributing code to our industry-leading software, ensuring the quality of our products meets the expectations of the Fortune 100 companies we support the sky is the limit!
The summer internship will last 10-12 weeks and these specific opportunities will be located in Cary, NC.
Opportunities have the potential to be in areas focused in: Software Development, Software Testing, or Risk Research and Quantative Solutions.
* Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university seeking an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field; in a US based school.
* Must be a rising Junior or Senior at the time of the internship.
* Experience in Microsoft Office productivity software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and/or SharePoint).
* Programming experience in Java, HTML, C/C++,C#, and/or .net.
* Ability to work full-time over the course of Summer 2017
* This is a summer internship. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a degree seeking program and not be graduating prior to the beginning of the internship.
* Experience with at least one interactive operating system such as Unix, Linux, or Windows.
* Experience with scripting languages.
* Experience testing or writing software code.
* Analytical experience.
* Web development experience.
* Experience with SAS programming (i.e. data step and basic SAS procedures).
* Experience with Data Analysis, Data Mining, Data Modeling, and/or Forecasting.
* Experience with Flash and/or Flex applications.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher.
* Emails.You have to know how to write them.
* Talking. You have to do it effectively.
* Mistakes. Catch them. If you don t, learn from them.
* Technology. Embrace it.
* Teamwork. With a dash of independence.
* Leadership. You sit in the front row of the class.
* Volunteering. You care about more than just you.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn