RADIOLOGY READING ROOM LIAISON
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Associate's Degree or Equivalent Experience
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Radiology Reading Room Liaison
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Provides consistent support to the residents and staff radiologists.
* Help manage all communication lines between the radiologists/resident and the referring clinicians, technologists, and nurses.
* Answers telephone in a timely and courteous fashion, identifying oneself and the Department. Initiates and screens calls for reading rooms to help ensure uninterrupted interpretations and timely reporting.
* Pages and/or calls the referring clinicians until reached for purposes of providing physician to physician, or physician to nurse critical results reporting as well as discussing clinical information.
* Competency in using phones, pagers, paging system, PACS, and EPIC for purposes supporting the radiologists/residents
* Maintains a patient-centered focus and strives to support the mission, goals and values of the hospital, department and division.
* Performs daily work assignments in an efficient, organized manner and with accuracy. Must have good communication skills.
* Interacts with physicians and other technical staff in a courteous manner to provide quality, safe, efficient care for the patient.
* Promptly reports equipment malfunctions when known.
* Other duties as needed.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's Degree or 1-2 years in a clinical healthcare environment required
* Medical Terminology required
* BLS certified required
* Experience as an MA, EMT, LPN preferred
* Ability to use computer systems, retrieving data when necessary
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.