This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Transformant HealthCare Solutions, LLC
OrthoCarolina, P.A is one of the most comprehensive providers of orthopedic medicine and surgery in the world.
EXCELLENCE IN CARE AND SERVICE, ONE PATIENT AT A TIME.
We are currently seeking a Radiology Technician to join our Radiology team!
The Radiology Technician will provide diagnostic quality radiographs for physicians and/or physician assistants while protecting employees and patients from unnecessary radiation and usage of appropriate protection standards.
Additional duties may include assistance on the hall s to aid in Clinical responsibilities. Travel may be required, based on location. Opportunities may exist for hours at location s OUC (Orthopedic Urgent Care).
DO NOT CONTACT LOCATION.
Concerns, questions or problems with the application process, please contact Human Resources at HRDEPARTMENT@ORTHOCAROLINA.COM.
* Graduate of a Radiologic Technologist program approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and the American Medical Association.
* Minimum of one year experience as an x-ray tech with an orthopedic background.
Professional license or certification requirements:
* Registered Radiology Tech by American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) or ARRT registry eligible.
* Current CPR certification recommended.
* Valid drivers license for travel to provide staffing coverage and attend meetings at satellite locations/main office.
Specific skills, knowledge and abilities required:
* Ability to operate various manufacturer types of Radiology suite equipment, (i.e. Siemens/GE/Philips).
* Skill in proficient use of various manufacturer types of Digital Radiology (DR) and Computer Radiology (CR) reader systems.
* Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
* Skill in positioning patients properly and performing quality diagnostic radiographs.
* Observes safety and security procedures.
* Knowledge of vendors to contact in the event of a need for maintenance and/or repair.
* Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percentage and interpret bar graphs.
* Knowledge of computers, including MS Outlook, IDX, Touchworks, PACS, Intranet, photocopy equipment and fax.
* Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology; x-ray procedures and protocols; anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray procedures including body mechanics, patient movement and positioning for exams.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Statement and Work Authorization
OrthoCarolina recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms its policy and practice to support and promote the concepts of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in accordance with all federal, state and municipal laws. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States. OrthoCarolina utilizes the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify system to comply with verifying work authorization.
Additional BenefitsWith twenty-eight locations, over 140 physicians, and over 80 physician assistants, OrthoCarolina is one of the most comprehensive providers of orthopedic medicine and surgery in the world.
Excellence in care and service, one patient at a time. Our Mission: Quality, Service, Community, and Teamwork.
No matter what the condition, we have physicians and specialists ready to provide the finest orthopedic care for the families in our region.