RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST-URGENT CARE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
A day in the life of a Radiologic Technologist for Urgent Care/Convenient Care at Hackensack Meridian includes:
* The primary role of the Radiologic Technologist is to use proper exposure values to obtain quality images. Uses proper ID to include patient demographics. Verifies name and properly identifies patient prior to procedure being performed. Uses 2 ID's to ensure compliance with national patient safety goals. Technologist properly mark all images, collimate, use lead shields, wear film badge and follow rules of ALARA.
* Technologist reads, understands, and accurately implements physician/provider prescriptions and orders.
* Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs and weight; assists physician with procedures; provides patient instructions per physician's order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
* Appropriately uses equipment. Practices appropriate care "utilization of equipment", contacts service vendors as needed and reports all needed repairs to supervisor.
* Ensures the patient image and paperwork are properly recorded. Prepares room, equipment, and materials needed for examinations, positioning aids for patient comfort and security, and protective shields and apparel.
* Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities.
* Pro-actively reviews chart (either paper or EMR) in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible, and timely manner.
* Pro-actively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information. Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the practice and care/follow up instructions. All information relayed to patient is clearly and accurately documented in the patient's chart, signed, and dated. Responds to calls as per practice protocol and HIPPA guidelines.
* Responsible for the preparation of examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials, and equipment. Pro-actively monitors required stock lever per practice protocol, and anticipates unique supply needs.
* Graduate of an accredited radiology program.
* Minimum 1 year experience in Radiography field.
* New Jersey State X ray Certificate
* BLS/CPR Certified
* Ability to perform testing and age related competencies for all age groups.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.