R&D Automotive Intern, Vehicle Intelligence/Machine Learning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Hitachi America, Ltd.
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY R&D Automotive Intern, Vehicle Intelligence/Machine Learning
COMPANY: Hitachi America, Ltd.
LOCATION: Farmington Hills, MI
STATUS: Full-Time Internship
TERM: January, 2017 through June/July, 2017
HOURS: 9am-6pm (with a one hour lunch break), Monday - Friday
HOURLY COMPENSATION: TBD
The Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a candidate pursuing their Masters/Ph.D. degree in Engineering (or equivalent) to join our Research & Development team as an Intern. The Intern will be involved in cutting edge research for automotive industry. The research field will encompass Machine Learning and Sensor Fusion related to vehicle intelligence. The candidate is expected to test and introduce advanced learning techniques for data available through several sensors. Other research area will be to evaluate the feasibility of reducing the sensors available to record and stream the data. Part of the job responsibility involves periodic documentation of research work to enable communication channels internal to Hitachi. During the period of the internship, the candidate is expected to work with researchers of the Automotive Product Lab and Hitachi Automotive Systems to optimize the solutions and fit the current vehicle level systems.
* MS degree or higher in Engineering (or equivalent)
* Hands-on experience with Machine Learning Algorithms and implementation for production level systems is required.
* Knowledge of concepts for implementation of Artificial Intelligence. (Search, Planning, Value and Policy Iteration, Markov chains)
* Hands-on experience with open source machine learning tool kits with python, R, Java/Scala or equivalent is required.
* Knowledge of algorithms for sorting and searching of large volumes of data is required
* Knowledge of sensor communication, installation and implementation is required.
* Knowledge of parallel or distributed computing is preferred.
* Knowledge of working with embedded system (Raspberry Pi/Arduino) to read sensor information is preferred
* Knowledge of fundamental physics concepts related to sensor fusion is preferred
* Knowledge of working with embedded system to read sensor information is preferred
* Knowledge of functionality and communication protocols for CAN bus or OBD2 in a car is preferred
* Knowledge of vehicle dynamics and control is preferred
* Good ability to plan and execute experiments, document, analyze and present experimental results
* Good literature survey, technical writing, & communication skills is required
* Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate dedication to completing jobs on time
EOE-FEMALES/MINORITIES/PROTECTED VETERANS/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES