R&D Engineer Hardware 5
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Description Broadcom is developing next generation Wireless LAN ( WLAN, Wi-Fi) products for consumer electronics, PCs, Access Points and broadband routers. Broadcom s family of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN solutions are enabled across many product platforms. Wi-Fi based products are very rapidly growing, driven by Broadcom s innovation and technology leadership. We re looking for energetic, enthusiastic and driven engineers excited about 802.11 wireless networking, network protocols and embedded system requirements. Responsibilities include working with a group of design engineers in designing chip bring-up/validation platforms, reference platforms low cost product designs for high volume wireless networking products. Interface with the system architecture group, outside vendors, supervise PCB layout and lab technicians, supporting strategic customers. Engage in extensive laboratory testing and characterization of prototype boards, and transfer of designs to a volume production environment in 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN and Bluetooth (BT)
* Total engineering minimum experience required is typically a BS degree in EE and 12 years of experience, a MS degree or Ph.D degree in EE with 5~7 years of working experience is preferred.
* 2 years in developing wireless board level products, preferred in the area of WLAN/BT.
* -Solid understanding of board design and tools, including RF design and system performance optimization, analog circuit, filters, regulators and digital design.
* Board level debugging skills and ability to oversee the PCB layout process is a must.
* Experience with WLAN and BT protocols is preferred. A successful track record of transferring designs to offshore volume production highly desirable
* Preferred experience in programming and scripting in Linux environment, using TCL, Python, PERL, etc. and is familiar with matlab
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The following skills/experience are strongly desired:
* Strong understanding of individual RF component performance as well as its interaction at system level.
* Working knowledge on transmission line theory, RF transmitter and receiver components, and EM knowledge.
* 2.5D and 3D EM simulation (ADS, HFSS, etc) experience and regulatory knowledge preferred. Previous RFIC and RF FEM development and bring up experience are also a plus.
* Familiarity with WLAN standards. Knowledge of Bluetooth is an added advantage.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.